Friday 16 March 2012

Some light amusement. Where our tax is being spent.


For the past 30 years I've been visiting the diabetic clinic for an annual MOT. The other morning we were welcomed to the waiting room with a new laminated notice on reception. "LATEX FREE AREA".  Well, I think I'm safe to enter and settle in for the wait with my son Josh who's been coming with me for a couple of years.  Flicking around the room, amidst the allsorts waiting with us I notice another sign "LATEX FREE AREA". This must be a 'latex free' area I think.  Hold on, there are no less than eight signs plastered around the room  "LATEX FREE AREA"!  Crumbs this is seriously one latex free area and it's only 15 square feet!   
I begin to worry, how come I've not been alerted to this before, it's clearly important, and why in 30 years have I not realised the danger I might be in from being in a non latex free area?
Perhaps I need to get some of these signs for my living room at home.  I think 5 should do if I use the same ratio as the NHS. 
I'm glad our hard earned tax is being used so efficiently.

No comments:

Post a Comment